As per the AHPCSA regulations Van Heerden Chiropractic will be open for essential and emergency patients as of 1 May 2020.
What does this mean? It means you can make an appointment to see the chiropractor should you need to. BUT there are important guidelines to take note of.
- You will need to sign some documents. Preferably digitally signed. You will need to email these back to the practice before your consultation. You will need to do this before each appointment. To learn how to digitally sign a pdf form, please click here.
- You need to wear a facemask. This is not negotiable. If you do not have a face mask, please indicate so and we will organise one for you.
- You will be expected to sanitise your hands when coming into the practice.
- Leave your accessories at home. We know you have great style, but now is not the time to show it off. The less you bring in, the less chance there is of contamination.
- Bring your own shorts, tank tops, gowns etc. if you can.
- Leave your friends and family at home. If they come with, they will be asked to stay in the car.
- We cannot “squeeze” you in. There are large gaps between appointments to allow time for disinfection and to make sure patients do not come into contact with each other. Also, if you come early, you will have to wait a bit.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in the car until called in. The waiting room is off-limits.
- The following patients will unfortunately be asked to reschedule their appointments: Anyone with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, sore throat, tiredness), anyone over the age of 60 and persons with chronic disease (diabetes, chronic respiratory conditions, asthma, cancer, immonocompromised, kidney disease, liver disease, heart disease, BMI>40, high blood pressure or organ transplants).
- Do not get a fright when you see the doctor. We have to adhere to strict safety standards which include mask wearing and scrubs/clinic jackets. These are precautionary for our safety and your safety.